Songs of the Week

I was 30 minutes from home when my podcast finished this morning so I decided to listen to some music.
I picked an old playlist "Tea Party Tunes" that I made 11 years ago. Most of the songs are from 45 to 50 years ago.

Number one on the list: "I'd Love to Change the World" by 10 Years After.  
    It was their only Top 40 Hit.
    The chorus:
        I'd love to change the world
        But I don't know what to do
        So I'll leave it up to you

Next: "Sunshine" by Jonathon Edwards
    Favorite line: "He can't even run his own life, I'll be damned if he'll run mine"

Another favorite: "It's the End of the World as We Know It" by R.E.M.
    "I feel fine."

Don't forget: "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who.
    "Meet the new boss / Same as the old boss" 

Always important: "Lawyers, Guns, and Money" by Warren Zevon
    "How was I to know she was with the Russians too?"

Truer words never spoken: "Too Much Ain't Enough" by Tom Petty

When George Harrison was making big bucks: "Tax Man."

And to finish on a sweet note: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow / Wonderful World Medly" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog